Things are looking up around here. At least in my upstairs hallway.here), I decided I needed one more piece to stretch across the top of the wall. Maybe a sign of some kind, I was thinking. I checked the stash of projects stored in my basement to see if I had anything that was the right size and shape.
I liked the look of the arrow, but I wanted it to be a little bit longer...
... so I scrounged around for another piece of scrap wood to use as the shaft. (The scrap wood is actually part of an old Christmas decoration that was in my "project pile.")
I glued the feather and point pieces to the new, longer shaft with wood glue and let them dry overnight.
The next next morning, I flipped the arrow over, drilled pilot holes and nailed the pieces together to make sure they were secure.
... except that when I took the finished arrow upstairs to hang it, I realized it didn't really tie in with the rest of the pieces on the wall.
So I took it back down and put a quick, chippy coat of white chalk paint on it.
Much better. :)
And the best part is I used up two of the projects from the stash in my basement in making the arrow. Unfortunately I keep finding great junk at thrift stores and garage sales, so my Subterranean Cache of Things to Transform will never get used up; but it makes me feel good to know it is getting pared down a little.